OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS configuration

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

OCS configuration

Postby ardenhoule » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi,

I'm managing a conference using OCS 2.3.5.0, and would like to set up automated reviewer reminder e-mails. This requires that I turn on Scheduled_tasks; however, I can't find how to edit the configuration. The User Guide shows an edit button below OCS Configuration on the System Information page for Site Administrators; however, I don't see this on my page when I log in. Any help?

Thanks,
Leah
ardenhoule

Re: OCS configuration

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Leah,

You need to edit the configuration file server-side, using whatever access your ISP gives you to manage files. There's more documentation on this at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.1/systemAdministrationGeneralConfig.html; that document is for OJS, but OCS is similar in this regard. (As it describes, simply turning on the configuration option won't be enough; you'll also need to to some server configuration to make sure the scheduled tasks process is kicked off periodically.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ardenhoule » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Great, thanks! Another question--The reviewer has a dropdown menu for submission recommendation (dropdown menu: Accept Submission; Revisions Required; Submit Elsewhere; Decline Submission). Is there any way to change these options, say to a 1-5 scale or 'Accept' 'Maybe' 'Do not accept.'

Thanks,
Leah
ardenhoule

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Leah,

That would require a customization, though not a major one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to General Discussion