OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

When do you plan to release the first stable version?

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

When do you plan to release the first stable version?

Postby nef » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 am

....or should I say, a non Beta version.
I would realy like to start publishing OA books for our university (working papers, conference books etc.), but is it safe enough for me to use the Beta version? And can I expect that OMP will be supported and developed in the same fine and adequate way as OJS?
Best regards
Niels Erik
nef

Re: When do you plan to release the first stable version?

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Niels Erik,

We're supporting the beta for production use and consider it safe. We've termed the initial release a beta because it does contain a lot of untested code -- and I'm not referring to technical testing, but more to the redesigned workflow, ONIX generation, etc., which have yet to prove that that the requirements used to implement them are suitable for presses in general. We'll be releasing a minor follow-up (which will be the 1.0) to OMP once enough fixes have accumulated, but as with OJS, we're tracking these for early adopters on our OMP recommended patches page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion