OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Post Install - Create a Press

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Post Install - Create a Press

Postby NLaem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,

We rebuilt for mysql and completed the install. Post install logon to our site as admin we see never ending 'Presses Loading' page. We never see the Add Press option.

Looking around in our upload directory, install created
2 daemon daemon 4096 Sep 27 11:25 presses
2 daemon daemon 4096 Sep 27 11:25 site
The directory itself has full perms (I added as test - did not help)
drwxrwxrwx 4 daemon daemon 4096 Sep 27 11:25 omp-upload

I see an error in logging
We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
In file: /usr/local/omp-apache2/htdocs/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php

I have date.timezone set in php.ini as America/New_York, this error seems independent of that setting. Is this causing the issue?

Please advise. Thanks - Nancy
NLaem

Re: Post Install - Create a Press

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Nancy,

Are PHP error messages configured to go to the browser? If so, it's possible that the warning message is being dumped in the middle of a JSON response to your browser, which is causing it to be unparseable. Try directing PHP errors only to the log (not the browser) and requesting that page again.

Tools like Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools make this kind of thing much easier to debug; if this doesn't solve the problem I can walk you through the process with either.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby NLaem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi,

I tried editing /usr/lib64/php-production.ini

error_log = /usr/local/omp-apache/logs/php_errors.log
display_errors = off
restart http - no log produced, same result.

I have Firebug running and I see this after logon as admin
Error: Server error: Server returned no or invalid data!
https://rclomp.lib.rochester.edu/omp/li ... ad.full.js
Line 2

...wse_button);v=t.settings.browse_button_hover;if(u&&v){d.removeClass(u,v)}});n.bi...

Does this help or advise on further php logging edits.
Nancy
NLaem

Postby NLaem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 pm

I turned display_errors = on in config.inc.php

screen output

omp has produced an error Message: WARNING: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. In file: /usr/local/omp-apache2/htdocs/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php At line: 84 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.7 Apache Version: Apache/2.4.3 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7 DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.5.16

omp has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/omp-apache2/htdocs/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:392) In file: /usr/local/omp-apache2/htdocs/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 87 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.7 Apache Version: Apache/2.4.3 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7 DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.5.16
NLaem

Postby NLaem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 pm

..with stacktrace and display errors on .. out put cleansed, attached file.
Hope this helps - Nancy
Attachments
omp_stacktrace_display_errors_on_output.txt
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
NLaem

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Nancy,

And I take it all the current recommended patches are applied? Are assertions turned on in your PHP configuration? (Note that you'll probably have to restart apache before changes to php.ini will take effect.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby NLaem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:02 am

Hello,

Yes all four patches are applied, I didn't have 7922 applied but once applied it did not make a difference.

Nancy
NLaem

Postby NLaem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 am

I used php.ini-development in /usr/lib64 enabling all assert options. Also turned on all local debug via /omp/config.inc.php

Output is attached for page loads
http:.../omp
and .. catalog

I'm thinking I might try a clean omp unpack, re-patch then run install , (drop the existing omp db) and see if there is improvement.
Nancy
Attachments
omp_pageload_debug.txt
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
CatalogHandler_error.txt
(338 Bytes) Downloaded 89 times
NLaem

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Nancy,

If you're really stuck, consider PMing or emailing me privately with access credentials. Generally we avoid this sort of involvement -- it sets up expectations that we can't afford the effort to fulfill -- but in this case it might save some time in debugging.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion