OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Uploading images for ads

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Uploading images for ads

Postby jelkimantis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am

Hi!

I'm working on a plugin to support our rolling banner ads for the journal, but I can't see where the API supports uploading of files for use in a plug-in. I want to be able to upload and delete images so that this plugin will automatically display those images in a one of three places on any given page. Any ideas? If something like this already exists, I will be happy to work with it.

As a side-note, the current ads plugin does not work for our purposes.
jelkimantis

Re: Uploading images for ads

Postby springday » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 am

Hi jelkimantis,

you could look at how file uploads are handled in the journal management forms. Step 5 of the journal setup has a lot of file upload parts. You'll find that in /classes/manager/form/setup/JournalSetupStep5Form.inc.php and the associated template in /templates/manager/setup/step5.tpl.
There's an "uploadImage"-function in this JournalSetupStep5Form.inc.php that you might utilize for your needs.

Regards,
Kai Weber
springday

Return to OJS Development