OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to redirect a domain name to an OCS URL

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

How to redirect a domain name to an OCS URL

Postby iacocs » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 am

Hi all,

I have a server with OCS 2.3.3.1 version. The server actually has three conferences; the next one
will be held in August 2013 and now it's visible directly with an address like :

http://myservername.mydomain.it/ocs/index.php/xxx/yyy

the organizers would like to register an official domain name like conference2013.it in order to have
a www.conference2013.it web site name. The DNS configuration will redirect www.conference2013.it
to my server, but I would like to know how to redirect the new address to my OCS conference URL.

Please help, thank you.

Best regards.
iacocs

Re: How to redirect a domain name to an OCS URL

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am

Hi iacocs,

You'll need to use Apache's mod_rewrite to accomplish this. There are rule sets in the forums for OJS that you can adapt for use with OCS, though I'll caution that mod_rewrite is a bit of a black art. Search the forum for mod_rewrite to get started.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support