OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem of CROSSREF XML EXPORT PLUGIN wiith OJS 2.4.0

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem of CROSSREF XML EXPORT PLUGIN wiith OJS 2.4.0

Postby lightshadow306 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Dear Colleague,
I have a big problem, every time I go "Journal Manager > Import/Export Data > CrossRef XML Export Plugin"

The message show that
In order to use this plug-in please go to the "Public Identifier" plug-in category, enable and configure the DOI plug-in and specify a valid DOI prefix there.

even though I have set up the DOI information ( Journal Manager > System Plugins > DOI Plugin Settings). The same setting works fine with OJS 2.3.7.

This is an emergency situation for me, because new issue is going to publish. Any Help ?

Thank you very much.
lightshadow306

Re: Problem of CROSSREF XML EXPORT PLUGIN wiith OJS 2.4.0

Postby swing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:37 am

Hi lightshadow306,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it (neither with the clean 2.4.0 installation nor with the upgrade 2.3.6 -> 2.4.0) :-(
Have you upgraded from an older OJS version and if so which version did you use earlier? Did you use DOIs earlier, in the older version?
I am not sure if this would help, but: Could you maybe try to clear cache (as admin user) and also to disable and then immediately enable the DOI plug-in?

Regards,
Bozana Bokan
swing

Postby swing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 am

Sorry, forgotten to ask: could you please also double check that the DOI Plugin Settings are correct, i.e. the Journal Content (Articles), DOI Prefix and DOI Suffix are defined? -- The DOI feature (and thus settings) moved from Setup 1 to the new plug-in category in the 2.4.0 release...
Thanks!
swing

Postby lightshadow306 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Dear swing,
Thank you very much for your kind response. I don't know weather it is due to the upgrade procedure.
Because the the script told me out of memory at the first time upgrade,
Then I set the php.ini then rerun the script.
But some SQL has been insert into the database at the firt time,
So the upgrade procedure stopped, actually, it did not complete.
Unfortunately, I did not backup before the upgrade since upgrade procedure run very smooth for me before.
ERROR Messages while UPGRADING
------

[data: lib/pkp/xml/mutexData.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_update.xml]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Duplicate entry '1-old_log_id' for key 'event_log_settings_pkey'

Thanks again !
lightshadow306

Postby swing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 am

Ah lightshadow306 :-( Now you have maybe learned the lesson to always backup?
So you haven't successfully finished the upgrade yet, right?
Lets maybe go step by step to try to successfully upgrade to 2.4.0 and then we will see what's then happening with DOI and CrossRef plug-in?
First, please backup everything!
It seems like there would be a duplicate entry in your event_log_settings DB table. I think, the same log_id and the setting_name could exist more than one time. Could you check for that? I think you can delete one of the duplicate rows. Then start the DB upgrade again.
Best wishes!
swing

Postby lightshadow306 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Dear Swing,
Thank you very much. I delete the event_log_settings_pkey in my OJS DB, Thank it upgrade successfully. Thank you again. But now I have another issue. I will post a new subject. Thank you again.
lightshadow306

Return to OJS Technical Support