OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Multiple issues of same journal on start page

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Multiple issues of same journal on start page

Postby MartinD » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 am

My customers want to have more than the last issue on the start page.

I found the following code snippet in /templates/index/journal.tpl which I think has to do with the current issue beeing shown on the start page.
Code: Select all
{if $issue}
   {* Display the table of contents or cover page of the current issue. *}
   <br />
   <h3>{$issue->getIssueIdentification()|strip_unsafe_html|nl2br}</h3>
   {include file="issue/view.tpl"}
{/if}

Is it possible to edit/enhance this part, to list the more issues the same way?

Thanks for any help!
MartinD

Re: Multiple issues of same journal on start page

Postby MartinD » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 am

I coudn't find any solution for my problem.
But I saw on other OJS installations, that people integrated the "browse by issue" archive view to their main page.

can anyone be so kind and share the neccessary smarty-code on how to do that? I just want to get a list of issues as seen in the archives, with the newest issues on top, and the older at the bottom.

thanks for any help!
MartinD

Re: Multiple issues of same journal on start page

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 am

Hi Martin,

The issue archive template code is handled in templates/issue/archives.tpl. Most of what you'd need is there.

There's a caveat though -- the template iterates over an issues variable, which contains all of the issues in the archive. To include this list on the journal start page you would also need to add some code to the PHP handler that creates the front page. If you examine the archive() function in the pages/issue/IssueHandler.inc.php class you'll see what I mean. There is a call to $issueDao in there to retrieve the published issues and then they are assigned a bit further down as the 'issues' variable with the templateMgr object.

You would need to do something similar in the index() method in pages/index/IndexHandler.inc.php, specifically in the block where you have the $journal object.

Cheers,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support