OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Publication Formats

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Publication Formats

Postby jkeisers » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:26 am

Hi,

First of al many thanks for this great piece of software.

I need to add a few features and make a few customizations.

One of the modifications is support for the DJVU file format (http://www.djvuzone.org/) as a publication format. I noticed that you have to modify the database if you want to add another publication format. However, we do not need the postscript file format, so basically the .djvu format could replace the .ps format. Is this an easy thing to do? It seems that every occurence of ".ps", "mode=ps" and "application/postscript" has to be changed, but I am not completely sure about this. Since we will always have a .djvu file as one of the publication formats I guessed that it would also be possible to treat this file format as a "supplemental file". Maybe this would be easier than replacing the postscript format by the djvu format?

Thank you very much for every advice you can give.
jkeisers

Postby kevin » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:29 pm

As long as all occurrences of the Postscript-referencing code are updated, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

The publication formats are kind of a silly limitation that has been removed from our next major version.
kevin

Postby jkeisers » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:57 am

kevin wrote:As long as all occurrences of the Postscript-referencing code are updated, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

It was easier than I thought it would be.

All I had to do was to change every occurence of the ".ps" file extension into ".djvu" and the mime type "application/postscript" into "image/x.djvu".

After that I changed the word "PostScript" in the links and in the language files (in locale/) into "DjVu".

That was it. I guess you could do the same when you want to replace the postscript format by RTF, LaTeX or something else.

Thanks.
jkeisers

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion