OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

question about Multi-journal system

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

question about Multi-journal system

Postby Joesitou » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 am

Hi,

I'm writing to ask that if I apply an account in journal A in Multi-journal system, I use this account to login in the site, I also can visit the content of journal B. How to setup to prevent that happen?

Thanks a lot.
Joesitou

Re: question about Multi-journal system

Postby springday » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Joesitou,

have you setup your journals in such a way that only subscribers can view the content of your journals? Then the users should only be able to access the articles of the journal they are registered in and that they do subscribe.

Regards,
Kai
springday

Postby Joesitou » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 am

Hi,
Thank for your reply, I want to confirm that I need to set the setup 4.1 ACCESS AND SECURITY SETTINGS?
Thank you.
Joesitou

Postby Joesitou » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello everybody!

I want to confirm a question that I enable follow option,

1. Users must be registered and log in to view the journal site.
2. Users must be registered and log in to view open access content.

in Additional Site and Article Access Restrictions.

But user of Journal A also can access to the Journal B.
Please help me!!!!
thanks a lot!!

Joesitou
Joesitou

Postby Garant » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 am

Hi!
I don't want to multiply threads so I will ask here:
Now our OJS runs with one journal. In nearest future we should move about 10 journals to OJS platform.
One person who has only theoretical experience "designing" new web sites with OJS platforms advised us to use separate installations who individual journals motivating it that systems with several journals will be very slow...
Seriously I don't believe in such theories without any evidence.
People who has walked through this way, please answer:
If we'll move all journals to one OJS won't it be very slowed? What about performance?
Won't we face additional problems?
Thank you very much!
Garant

Postby springday » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Garant,

I don't believe a multi-journal OJS will get slow per se. I guess this will depend on many factors: Your server, the number of simultaneous users, the size of your asset files, etc., etc. I'm running an OJS installation with 5 journals (to be expanded to 7 next year) and about 500 to 600 (PDF) articles on a shared webserver. The size of the MySQL database is more than 300 MB (most of it occupied by the search index). However, our traffic is still very low, only about 100 to 200 MB per day - our site is only a few months old and we just start working on the marketing. I don't feel that our OJS installation is slow.

Best regards,
Kai Weber
springday

Postby Garant » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 am

HI, springday!
Thank you for you reply!
Garant

Return to OJS Technical Support