OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Author login

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS Author login

Postby malosco » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello

I am a managing editor of the International of Aging and Human Development and we recently switched to OJS. However, authors trying to submit to the journal are having difficulty registering. For instance, they register but then when they go to log on they receive this message: our account has been disabled for the following reason: Your email address has not been validated. Please check your email and follow the provided instructions. If you have not received an email, you may need to contact the site administrator for assistance.

It appears that an email should be sent to them once they register where they activate their account, but the automated email that is sent out does not contain such instructions.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
malosco

Re: OJS Author login

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:49 am

Hi malosco,

Are your authors receiving the email at all? What version of OJS are you currently using?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby malosco » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks for the reply!

I am using version Open Journal Systems 2.3.7.0. Yes, the authors do receive an email but they do not receive instructions to activate their account. Is there some setting that I have to enable?

If I later go in to OJS as the journal manage and see the author as a user, I can them enable them access.
malosco

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:31 am

Hi malosco,

There is a setting in your config.inc.php file called 'require_validation' for enabling email validation. OJS looks at that setting to determine what email to send to your authors. Can you have a look and see what that says?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support