To update by patching, download the appropriate patch file for your current
version of OJS and run the following command from your OJS directory:
$ patch -p1 < PATCH_FILE
springday wrote:Hi Ojser,
just copying the patch file into the OJS directly won't do any upgrade. I applied the patch on a windows system yesterday. Here is what I did, hope it would work for you too:
1) Installed Patch for Windows (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm, downloaded and installed "Complete package, except sources")
2) Opened the patch file in the Notepad++ text editor, pressed Strg+H to open the Search-and-replace dialog. There I clicked on "Search Mode" = "Extended". In the field "Find what" I entered "\n" and in the field "replace with" I entered "\r\n". This converts the UNIX line breaks to Windows line breaks
3) Then open the Windows command prompt (Press Windows key and "R" simultaneously, enter "cmd" and press return).
4) In this box you enter "cd" plus the path to your OJS-installation and press return
5) Now you can enter the command patch -p1 < NAME OF PATCH_FILE.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests