OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Class 'Config' not found in several files - URGENT

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Class 'Config' not found in several files - URGENT

Postby bragamiguel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:54 am

Hi there,

I'm the administrator of the ISEKI Food E-Journal (http://www.iseki-food-ejournal.com/ojs/) and a few days ago i've enconter the following error messages:
Fatal error: Class 'Config' not found in /home/iseki/public_html/ojs/pages/admin/AdminJournalHandler.inc.php on line 65;
Fatal error: Class 'Config' not found in /home/iseki/public_html/ojs/pages/manager/PeopleHandler.inc.php on line 416;
etc...
Wether i'm trying to access the Hosted Journals option or Users Enroled in this Journal OJS is not being able to find the 'Config' class.
I really don't know why or how to solve this issue, i've reviewd the .inc files but evething seems normal.
Can please someone help me? Many thanks!

Looing forward for your feedback,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Re: Class 'Config' not found in several files - URGENT

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:28 am

Hi Miguel,

Have you recently tried to upgrade? You probably have old files hanging around with the same names as new ones and that is causing problems because the old ones are loaded instead. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5716 for a similar thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for your attention, but i haven't upgraded OJS, the only think that changed a few days ago was the php version of the server, from 5.2 to 5.3.
Do you believe that this change could produce the error? I'm currently analysing again the file structure, comparing it with the original file structure of the OJS version I used, but evething seems to be in place...

Regards,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Miguel,

It looks like you're using OJS 2.3.2. For PHP 5.3, you'll have to upgrade to 2.3.7 or newer.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:46 am

Hi Alec,

Many thanks for your attention, i'm going to test a copy of our Journal in a server with PHP 5.2 just in case.
I'm also trying to figure out how to perform the upgrade, i'm finding it a bit confusing. Is there any advice that you would care to give me?

Best regards,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby bragamiguel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Alec,

I've moved OJS to a php 5.2 server. the website seems to be working fine but i´m still having an issue when i try to go to "users enroled to this journal" for example.
The error is: Fatal error: Call to undefined function __() in /home/iseki/public_html/ojs/pages/manager/PeopleHandler.inc.php on line 148.
Do you have a clue why this is happening?

Regards,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Miguel,

I'm pretty sure you have a mixture of code from two different versions of OJS. The __ function wasn't introduced until something newer than the OJS 2.3.2 you're running, so it shouldn't be referenced anywhere in the code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:21 am

Hi Alec,

Yeas, i've placed an earlier file and caused this last error.
The website is working 100% now and i've installed a copy on my test server so i can upgrade to 2.3.7; I'm trying to figure out how to perform the upgrade, i'm finding it a bit confusing. Is there any advice that you would care to give me? Do you have any tool to perform it automatically?

Thank you for your kind attention,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:14 am

Hi Miguel,

Have you worked through docs/UPGRADE yet? Any particular part that's causing confusion?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 am

Hi Alec,

Basically i don't know where to run the command $ patch -p1 --dry-run < PATCH_FILE... Sorry i'm new at this.
I want to upgrade from OJS 2.3.2.-1 to 2.3.7. so i've downloaded the respective upgrade package, wich i think it's simpler than upgrading via full installation.
Can you help me?

Regards,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:46 am

Hi Miguel,

No need to use the patch tool if you run the full package upgrade instead. Follow the "Full Package" instructions in docs/UPGRADE and let me know where you get stuck.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Alec,

Let me describe you the steps i've made:
1. backed up the current OJS website and database;
2. made dir /upgrade/OJS on my server and place an exact copy of the website and connected to a copy of the current database;
3. downloaded 2.3.7. package;
4. made backup of current:
- config.inc.php;
- public/;
- My uploaded files directory ("files_dir" in config.inc.php).
5.uploaded 2.3.7. and edit config.ini.php line "installed = On" in order to run the database updating tool;
6. website openned and evething seemed working but the template that i've modified was completelly messed up...;
7. Copied template and CSS files from the old version to the new one;
8. Website was apparently ok but when i go to "System Information" under "Current version" i see: 2.3.2.1 (October 1, 2010 - 11:03 AM).

How is it possible? Didn't i just upgraded OJS?
Please Help!!!

Regards,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby bragamiguel » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Alec,

I've tried to do every step again twice and when i'm upgrading the database OJS gives me the following error: DB Error: Duplicate entry 'thesisFeed-1-0-0-0' for key 'versions_pkey'.
Wouldn't be better to upgrade via command line? Is it via SSH?

Thaks again,
Miguel Braga
bragamiguel

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Miguel,

If you run the database upgrade and it fails, then it'll be left somewhere between the two versions and you'll have a hard time completing the upgrade. If you encounter an error the first time through, you'll have to address it (feel free to ask us for advice here), restore your DB from backup, and run it again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby bragamiguel » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 am

Hi Alec,

I've done like u said, I restore my DB from backup, and runed the upgrade again but still this error message appears: DB Error: Duplicate entry 'thesisFeed-1-0-0-0' for key 'versions_pkey'.
Can you please help me figure this out?

Regards,
Miguel
bragamiguel

Next

Return to OJS Technical Support