OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Why is the cache still making files?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Why is the cache still making files?

Postby lednakashim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 am

I want to disable ojs internal caching because it doesn't completely work, and I believe it is interfering with xcache. I am using the latest stable (2.0) release of xcache.

I am a little puzzled as to why my cache directory (/ojs/cache) directory keeps growing.

I suspect there is some inefficiency in my caching scheme because when I look at the xcache admin's listing of php, I get the following as my number one
Code: Select all
Cache   entry   Hits↑   Refcount   Size   PhpShared   SrcSize   Modify   device   inode   hash   Access   Create
php#1 349   /var/www/html/oncotarget/cache/fc-locale-03b174b61510807426c2a2c128f6a86a.php   1386   2774   50.08 K   2   14.71 K   6 h   51713   131582   3060   23 s   2 h

My configuration looks like
Code: Select all
[cache]
; Choose the type of object data caching to use. Options are:
; - memcache: Use the memcache server configured below
; - xcache: Use the xcache variable store
; - apc: Use the APC variable store
; - none: Use no caching.
object_cache = none

; Enable memcache support
memcache_hostname = localhost
memcache_port = 11211
lednakashim

Re: Why is the cache still making files?

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 am

Hi lednakashim,

The file-based caching and opcode caches should work in concert with each other. Can you describe the problems you're having?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support