OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Some Registrants have dissapeared

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Some Registrants have dissapeared

Postby mendesrocha » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Hello all!

Conference Manager (OCS 2.3.5) has just written me telling that they had 162 registrants and now system shows only 65. Therefore almost 100 registrants dissapeared from list!

I was wondering about what could happen and found the following hypothesis: before there were 8 registration types and now only 5. They removed 3 types. Do you think that this deletion could have also removed users registrated under these excluded type?
mendesrocha

Re: Some Registrants have dissapeared

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 am

Hi mendesrocha,

Yes, that might account for the discrepancy. Deleting the registration type doesn't delete the registrations themselves, but does leave a foreign key pointing to a non-existent entry. You can find out what registrations were affected in the database:
Code: Select all
SELECT r.* FROM registrations r LEFT JOIN registration_types rt ON (rt.type_id = r.type_id) WHERE rt.type_id IS NULL;
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your quick response. Nevertheless, this query returned empty results.

By the way, I could identify in the "registration_types" table the missing rows in "type_id" column. Consulting the "registrations" table I couldn't locate any rows with the excluded "type_id".

Anyway, I got a database backup and I will try to restore those missing registrants.

Best,
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby michael » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Renato and Alec,

Deleting registration types will in fact delete the registrations associated with those types (there is a warning and confirmation message to this effect before the actual deletion is made).

If you need to delete a registration type and wish to preserve the actual registration record, you will first need to assign a new, replacement registration type for the registration to avoid the above default behaviour.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion