OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bilingual custom block ? Topbar ?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Bilingual custom block ? Topbar ?

Postby fixxion » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi,

I managed to locate the navbar items in a block in fixed position to the left. It looked like a leftSidebar, but was not. It displayed perfectly on Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari, but was invisible (though present and functional) on iPad.
In order to fix this problem, I've put the navbar links in a custom block table. This works fine, but I didn't find out how to recover the navbar property of language dependence : I had to put the links twice (with a French and an English label) but their function depends on the LanguageToggle selectField I put on top.
http://www.revue-critique-de-fixxion-francaise-contemporaine.org/index.php/rcffc/
Is there any possibility to create language dependent labels in a custom block ?

Second question: how to get rid of the #topBar that (on our site) causes a useless white space on top of the article abstracts ?

Thanks for helping me out.
fixxion

Re: Bilingual custom block ? Topbar ?

Postby fixxion » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:29 am

Hi,

Topbar issue solved :

#topBar + #articleTitle {margin-top:-75px}

I'm waiting for a hint on the other problem.

Cheers
Ivan
fixxion

Return to OJS Technical Support