OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Remove the date from the Announcement!

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Remove the date from the Announcement!

Postby Ojser » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am

Hi,

When adding an announcement, it appears with the date, is there any way to remove this date?

Thank you
Ojser

Re: Remove the date from the Announcement!

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am

OJSer, you can edit the list.tpl template in lib/pkp/templates/announcement although I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the date. How will your users know what is recent and what is not?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby michael » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 am

As another workaround, you can hide the date posted via CSS using your custom journal stylesheet, i.e.

table.announcements td.posted {display:none;}

... should do the trick.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby Ojser » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks for your answers.
@Jason, I want to remove the date for announcements/ads that could last for long time on the home page (ex.call for papers). So, it is better to keep it without "outdated" notion.
Ojser

Return to OJS Technical Support