OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer comments error message

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Reviewer comments error message

Postby jhenderson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 am

On the page a reviewer sees, Review Step 3 is:

3. Click on icon to enter (or paste) your review of this submission.
Review Comment <icon>

But clicking on the icon results in an error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/bookings/ocs/classes/submission/form/comment/CommentForm.inc.php on line 85

The Review Form is set to "None / Free Form Review" (because that seems to be the only way for the TD to use the Insert Reviewers Comments in messages to the authors).

Any advice on what's causing the error?
jhenderson

Re: Reviewer comments error message

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 am

Hi jhenderson,

What version of OCS is this, and are there any modifications to it? What do you see on line 85 of classes/submission/form/comment/CommentForm.inc.php?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jhenderson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 pm

We're using 2.3.4.0.

There are no modifications as far as I know.

I'll have to ask out technical support people what they see on line 85 of classes/submission/form/comment/CommentForm.inc.php
I don't have access to it.
jhenderson

Postby stelfer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 pm

The line in question is

$templateMgr->assign('userId', $this->user->getId());
stelfer

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:31 am

Hi stelfer/jhenderson,

I would suggest checking to be sure there are no modifications by using the standard "diff" tool to compare your installed version against a stock version of the same release of OCS. Something like:
Code: Select all
diff -u -r /path/to/stock-version /path/to/installed-version > changes.diff
Then review changes.diff to see if anything pops up. It's odd that you'd encounter an unreported problem affecting something as central as review in an older release, which is why I wonder if there hasn't been a modification made.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support