OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Where to add front matter prior to "Publish Issue"?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Where to add front matter prior to "Publish Issue"?

Postby michael_clj » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Greetings, Kind Folks --

We are training a new Production Editor and preparing her first issue -- there's one matter that we haven't been able to figure out: how/where do we add the editorial front matter for an issue before we publish the issue? i.e., the cover, ads, masthead, and table of contents? Is there a place where it gets added along with articles?

I don't mean the TOC that appears in the OJS; rather, I am referring to the resulting PDF version -- http://www.communityliteracy.org/files/issue5.2.pdf

Thanks so much, in advance!

Best,
Michael

Community Literacy Journal
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-07-29 at 1.51.07 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-07-29 at 1.51.07 PM.png (56.92 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
michael_clj

Re: Where to add front matter prior to "Publish Issue"?

Postby barbarah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Michael,

I think what you need to do to achieve this is to create a new Section for your journal (called "Front Matter" or whatever you like) as described on this page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2. ... tions.html

Then you would upload the front matter files and assign them to that section.

Hope that helps,
Barbara
barbarah

Postby michael_clj » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Barbara, thanks so much for taking the time to explain that. It's good news on this end, because I think I can do it!

Thanks again --

Best,
Michael
michael_clj

Postby barbarah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Great! Glad to be of help.
barbarah

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion