OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] WSYIWYG don't show content and renders a blank area

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] WSYIWYG don't show content and renders a blank area

Postby mbria » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 am

Hi all,

On OJS 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 some WYSIWYG text areas don't show the content and render a blank area.

The issue appears kind of randomly (some textareas are right and other not) in a clean OJS installation, for instance in:
<magazine-url>/index.php/summa/manager/setup/3 (see "Submission Preparation Checklist" textareas)

I don't know if this could be related with langs: The clean magazine is configured with Spanish as default.

The funny part is the content is there and shown correctly when clicking in HTML or "Full screen mode".

Obviously it's not a high priority bug as far as user's can reach and modify the text areas in "Full screen mode", but certainly it's annoying for the final users.

Summary:
Versions: 2.3.6, 2.3.7
Default lang: Spanish (UI, Submissions, Forms)
Browser: Firefox 11.0

Please, let me know if you want/need me to digg a little bit more in this issue.

Thanks for your help,
m.
Last edited by mbria on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
mbria

Re: WSYIWYG don't show content and renders a blank area.

Postby mbria » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 am

I look into this but I recognize I'm a little lost.

No body else fall in same hole?
PKP guys, any clue about where to start?

Cheers,
m.
mbria

Re: [OPEN] WSYIWYG don't show content and renders a blank ar

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 am

Hi Marc,

There's a TinyMCE / Firefox 11 incompatibility; upgrading either the browser or TinyMCE will fix it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Magpie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Are you trying to install or has this come from out of the blue? Either way Take a look at your config.inc.php file.I had this same problem on my local set-up and I found the issue was to do with my settings on my config.inc.php file.

The documentation on configuring it is not great, so I overcame it by installing the system via cpanel on another site I am hosting and then downloading the file for my local set up. From there all I had to do was set up a database and change the mySQL details to fit my local set up, so it was quite straightforward. If you aren't able to do what I did, maybe explain your problem a bit more because it will be hard to know how your configuration might be causing problems without knowing how much you configured already.
Magpie

Postby mbria » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Upgrading Firefox fixed the issue.
Thanks a lot to point it.

Cheers,
m.
mbria

Return to OJS Technical Support