1. See http://drupal.org/node/60139
for a discussion of the cgi-system issue -- looks to me like a server configuration issue.
2. This URL isn't currently working -- could you describe the problem a little further? Are you unable to access the submission files, or are the entries in the database itself not showing up?
3. OJS 1.x uses Latin1 by default; you might have trouble trying to use UTF-8.
1. I tried what they suggested in turning off Extra Web Security
and FastCGI Support, but it didn't change anything. My hosting person says that
#3 doesn't seem to be a problem. I imported it as latin1
2. When I go to the site to view static or produced pages, everything's fine, but when I go to http://harrow.lemmingworks.org/journal/login.php
and log in I get to http://harrow.lemmingworks.org/cgi-syst ... editor.php
which is 404. If I manually edit it to http://harrow.lemmingworks.org/journal/ ... editor.php
everything's fine for a while until I trip over something, and we get /cgi-system/
My guy says that that's really just an error getting thrown up. He's trying to help me find where $vars['refer'] is set so that we can either change it, or manually over-ride it.
We finally edited include/common.php and commented out the following, adding a hard coded line for the base url. Is that OK? Is there a FIX that we can use that will survive when we upgrade to version 2?
// Kludge to define base URL dynamically
// Probably will not work if using PHP CGI
// $commonDirname = dirname(dirname(__FILE__));
// $scriptDirname = dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
// $scriptDirname = substr($scriptDirname, strlen($commonDirname));
// $scriptPath = preg_replace('/' . preg_quote($scriptDirname, '/') . '$/', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']));
// $baseurl = (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'https' : 'http') . '://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $scriptPath . '/';