OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How do I delete a reviewer from list?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How do I delete a reviewer from list?

Postby jamglas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:28 am

I have a couple of reviewers who are not able to review for a while - how do I delete them from the list of reviewers in OJS without deleting them as authors or readers?
jamglas

Re: How do I delete a reviewer from list?

Postby csimser » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 am

Login and go to Journal Manager > Roles > Reviewers.

Highlight their name and click.

Scroll down to see their Enrollment information. If they have a roll other than reviewer, it's safe to "unenroll" them. I assume if they have no other role, they'd be gone??? If they have no other role, you might want to assign them one by returning to Journal Manager and choosing the role, then "add an existing user". Then go unenroll them as reviewer.
csimser

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 am

Hi all,

csimser, thanks for that response -- you're correct.

If you're curious where a user goes if they lose all roles -- they still exist in the system, but are no longer associated with that journal. There is a common pool of users that is available to all journals, and if that user later wants to be a reviewer again, they can re-associate themselves as a reviewer if they wish and if the journal allows it.

If you want to keep a user associated with a journal, a "reader" role is often used.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jamglas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:48 am

Many thanks!!
jamglas

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion