OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Including non-users in masthead

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Including non-users in masthead

Postby dkolin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I would like to include the names of people not registered in the OJS system in the masthead. (In our case we have an editorial advisory board; these individuals give guidance to the journal, but may not be registered on the website.) From what I see, only registered users can be added to the masthead. I could, of course, make "dummy" accounts for these individuals solely for the purpose of inclusion in the masthead, but this could become problematic if they actually choose to create an account. What's the best way of dealing with this situation?

Many thanks,
Dave
dkolin

Re: Including non-users in masthead

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Dave,

We have this flagged as an issue (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4508), but haven't implemented it yet. The only real way to deal with the situation currently is to do as you suggest and then merge accounts if they want to sign up later; or to create an account for them using their actual email, and let them know that they might receive an occasional email that they should just ignore.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby blstzus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Hello,

Just to check any updates on this issue? Because I have the same case as david's.

Thank you.

-Aiman-
blstzus

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Aiman,

No progress outside of the report itself, and the comments. The easiest way to make sure you stay notified is to add yourself as a CC to that report.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby blstzus » Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Thank you so much James.
blstzus

Postby aapollaro » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am

Hi everybody!

We have the same problem but the members of the advisory committee don't want to publish their email. So as I could read the only way is to create them a fake identities (users and emails)? Thanks!
aapollaro

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 am

Hi aapollaro,

You could also edit the template files that show the masthead so that they don't add an email function: see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5878.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mmcmahon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I am curious about almost the same thing. I want to publish a non-user. We have a group of submissions from a symposium that we have permission to publish, but not all participants are users.
mmcmahon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion