OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Enlist to certain events

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Enlist to certain events

Postby reims » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 am

Hi

Is it possible to create meetings/events that users can enlist to?
I'd like to see how many people will attend several events (for room-planing-stuff and the like)

I'd really want to avoid having to do that manually.

I know this may be fairly simple and I may simply have missed that in some menu but I didn't manage to find it today.

Thanks in advance
Reims
reims

Re: Enlist to certain events

Postby ramon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Hello Reims,

There are 2 places you need check for this, in OCS 2.3.4+. As Manager/General Director of the conference, you need to:
  1. Set up your registration types and registration options, in Conference Site Management > Registrations. Within the "registration options" you can add "special events" users can register to and charge for them if required. This is useful for setting up things like event dinners, cocktails, special workshops, etc. Make sure you have also set up the Payment options and add the Registration page in the Conference Timeline and Infomation, or the registration page won't show up (redirects to the Scheduled Conference home page!).
  2. Organize the events locations in Conference Site Management > Scheduler. Here you can create Rooms and start and end times for events.

Check OCS in an Hour. It should provide a bit more detail on these features.
Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Re: Enlist to certain events

Postby reims » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 am

I didn't have the payment method set correctly due to not setting a value in that required field when choosing manual payment.

After fixing that it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot
Reims
reims

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion