OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Why the page footer doesn't appear at Site level?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Why the page footer doesn't appear at Site level?

Postby Ojser » Thu May 17, 2012 6:32 am

Hi,

I set a page footer, which I can see on all journal pages but not on the Site page. I would like to see it too in the Site webpage. Is there any way to display it also on the Site web page?

Thank you

Regards,
Ojser

Re: Why the page footer doesn't appear at Site level?

Postby asmecher » Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Ojser,

Are you using an OJS installation with only a single journal in it? If so, try using journal redirecting, which is available in the Site Administrator's Site Settings page. This will make the site-wide pages redirect directly to the pages for your single journal and thus the journal footer will apply.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Ojser » Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

Thank you Alec.
I'm talking about the site level (with more than one journal). Apparently, the footer is not applied in the site webpage.
I think it would be a good idea to make it applicable to the main OJS installation site. Is there a simple way to apply it or it will need some codes?

Regards,
Ojser

Postby asmecher » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Ojser,

There is currently no setting for a site-wide footer; the easiest way to apply it is probably to edit lib/pkp/templates/common/footer.tpl. The {$pageFooter} tag is what gets replaced by the journal footer, when one is available; if you change that to contain the footer content you want to display everywhere, then it'll appear regardless of whether you're viewing a particular journal.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Ojser » Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 am

Thank you Alec.
Ojser

Postby imtechnology » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:33 am

It seems to me that many of the options for the site level of the OJS install seem to be disabled. Why is this?

So much work has gone into providing this functionality for the individual journal that it seems silly to me for them not to be available at the main site level.
imtechnology

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Ed,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8796. (It's easier for us if you don't double-post.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support