OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Status of Lemon8 functionality

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
Questions about Lemon8-XML testing and development can go here. You may also want to check out our Lemon8 page.

Status of Lemon8 functionality

Postby profslug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 am

Is there still progress being made on the integration of Lemon8 with OJS?

The roadmap promises that Lemon8 and OJS will become 1, but that seems about 3-4 years old. It doesn't seem that Lemon8 is being developed anymore. I can see that OJS has gained some reference linking features, but as far as I can find it doesn't yet have core functionality of Lemon8 (taking a word or odt document and producing NLM XML). Am I missing something? WIll progress continue?

Thanks,
Bob
profslug

Re: Status of Lemon8 functionality

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Bob,

This is still on our radar, though we don't have much progress to report since the citation work you noted. The citation markup assistant was a big step in the direction of merging XML functionality into OJS, and we have several interested partners and one major grant awaiting a decision. We still consider a fully-automated translation from a layout format (.pdf, .doc) to a semantic format (NLM XML) to be beyond our current resources, but you might be interested in OxGarage as an alternative project.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Status of Lemon8 functionality

Postby profslug » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks, Alec, much appreciated.

It's a shame to see Lemon8 abandoned. I've tried setting it up both on local and an shared host, but have found it fairly unusable. The links to change conversion settings don't work (though you can unhide them to change settings using an html inspector) and it throws a bunch of errors. I'll take a look at OxGarage.

Cheers,

Bob
profslug

Return to Lemon8-XML