I have turned charset normalization off but no effect. I have upgraded to 2.3.7 version from 2.3.3-3 because the last installation was failed, i.e., I have got blank page and no messages why. For a long time the OJS worked very well (http://www.ujk.edu.pl/infotezy/ojs/index.php/infotezy)
First, I have copied files from new code to directory, and then I have upgraded the database via the web. Any errors but the some characters were replaced by ?
I have enabled the debug options but these messages are quite unclear
(mysql): SET NAMES 'utf-8'
1115: Unknown character set: 'utf-8'
ADOConnection._Execute(SET NAMES 'utf-8') % line 845, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(SET NAMES ?, Array) % line 602, file: adodb-mysql.inc.php
ADODB_mysql.SetCharSet(utf-8) % line 157, file: DBConnection.inc.php
DBConnection.connect() % line 120, file: DBConnection.inc.php
DBConnection.initConn() % line 77, file: DBConnection.inc.php
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at.../ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:368) In file: .../ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php At line: 295 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:368)", ".../ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php", 295, Array(7)) File: .../ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php line 295 Function: header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8") File: .../ojs/pages/index/IndexHandler.inc.php line 78 Function: PKPTemplateManager->display("index/journal.tpl")
BTW, the list of errors is quite long