OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Maximum space for upload directory exceeded!

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Maximum space for upload directory exceeded!

Postby Ala7lam » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello,

I have installed the OCS on my server as I am planning to use it in an upcoming project. I've tested the submission and everything works fine. However, there seems to be an issue with the image uploader plugin within the editor. I have no files in the folder but it gives me this error whenever I try to upload anything:
Maximum space for upload directory exceeded

The Public folder and everything in it has a 777 permission. I've tried uploading an image to the public/site/image/user folder to check if it will show within the "Manage your uploaded images" link of the editor image upload plugin and it did show.

Even if I try to upload without an actual file the error reported above is given right away! Can you please help with this? :?:
Ala7lam

Re: Maximum space for upload directory exceeded!

Postby Ala7lam » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Up :)
Ala7lam

Postby serhatkut » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 am

any solutions I 'm facing th e same problem!!!
serhatkut

Postby mcrider » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi folks,

Could someone who is having this issue give me a copy of the file you are using that causes the error? Uploading images works for me but I do get this error if I upload a non-image file (or upload nothing at all) -- though it should provide a better error message regardless.

Edit: The message has been fixed already, see https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/commit/c952fe31749dff540d5a5e9707f9b7b27192a2e5. But I'd still like to see your image files to see why they aren't working.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby darwin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 am

Noticed, that same error appeared when I used chrome browser. After switching to firefox or safari, everything goes fine :D
darwin

Return to OCS Technical Support