OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Initial login page takes data, but remains the same

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

No proxy farm

Postby drjhf » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:54 am

The user's spouse is an IT wizard who said that there is no proxy farm in use on any of the problematic login machines. Which is why we had not considered the option you suggested. Worth trying anyway? Anything like this reported except for cookies blocked? I do recall that TrendMicro has a site minder function (malware, dirty pics) built in, and sometimes you have to enter exceptions for the strangest sites, like Amazon and Google to drop cookies - it does not block the legit site but does block the cookie - not sure if Norton has something like that.
drjhf

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:11 am

Hi Julian,

If they've confirmed that cookies are enabled, I'd say that disabling the session IP check is the next step -- you'll probably encounter this issue eventually. We've found that users in China sometimes appear to be proxied by multiple servers. If that doesn't work, it might make sense to look at malware blockers etc.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

IE cookies

Postby drjhf » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:38 am

We tried the config change, without any benefit. The IE issue has come up with several more users, a different cloaked journal, but is not a problem with Firefox. Even putting both domains, our main domain and the journal's domain, in IE trusted sites does not seem to do the trick.

We are on 2.1.1, and the problem predated the update, so this does not apply: viewtopic.php?p=2583#2583

Should we be handling the cloaking differently?
drjhf

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi Julian,

We encountered a situation where using frame-based cloaking didn't work with Safari; the browser decided that this technique was probably a phishing attempt, as the domain name that was being presented to the user and the domain name that was doing the actual communication were different. This is probably the same situation. I'd suggest using a different method of cloaking, such as Apache's mod_rewrite and mod_alias modules.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:04 am

Dear Alec:

Sorry, I got a strange login problem. Currently, users can access our Journal via two addresses: http://www.YYY.org or YYY.org. Recently, some users failed to login the website via the http://www.XXX.org address. However, if they changed the URL to YYY.org, they could login the system without any problem. The two addresses were set to the same IP and OJS folder (v.2.1 with IIS).
Could you give me some hints for solving this problem? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:08 am

Hi Yaliang,

Have you specified any options in the following form in config.inc.php?
Code: Select all
base_url[something] = ...
(The base_url = "http://my_url" option is OK.) If you've specified one or more of these, it's probably causing OJS to force a redirect to one of the two URLs, which means that the other will never receive a session cookie.

If this isn't the problem, please contact me personally with the two URLs and I'll investigate.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 am

Dear Alec:

Thanks for your help. Yes, the problem was solved by turning off the base_url setting in the config file. However, is there any significant difference in changing this setting? Could you tell me more about it? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:42 am

Hi Yaliang,

Those settings should only be necessary when OJS's auto-detection of the URL isn't working properly, such as if you're using mod_rewrite to remove the index.php from the URL. In most situations these shouldn't be necessary, and OJS often works better when left to detect the URL automatically -- as you've discovered.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Re: Initial login page takes data, but remains the same

Postby dionphp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 am

I too am having problems logging in as admin. I eother get an invalid user name or password or otherwise the login screen just appears again and again. Sometimes two login screens on the page.

I get the following error log:

CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:129)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::getRegistry() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Registry.inc.php:38)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::set() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Registry.inc.php:44)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::getRegistry() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Registry.inc.php:56)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method AppLocale::makeComponentMap() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:131)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::makeComponentMap() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/i18n/AppLocale.inc.php:174)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::registerLocaleFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:146)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::getLocaleFiles() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:159)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:59)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::getRegistry() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Registry.inc.php:38)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:172)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::getHooks() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php:73)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php:23)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::registerLocaleFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:146)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::getLocaleFiles() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:159)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:59)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:172)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::getHooks() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php:73)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php:23)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::requireComponents() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php:236)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:137)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method AppLocale::getLocale() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:138)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::getFilenameComponentMap() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:139)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:129)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::requireComponents() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php:241)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:137)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method AppLocale::getLocale() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:138)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPLocale::getFilenameComponentMap() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:139)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Validation::isLoggedIn() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:104)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method SessionManager::getManager() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:273)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php:105)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:108)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getData() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/config/Config.inc.php:36)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/config/Config.inc.php:45)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Validation::login() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:113)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:113)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:492)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 492 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 113 Function: PKPRequest->getUserVar("username") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:718)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:113)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:492)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 492 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 113 Function: PKPRequest->getUserVar("password") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:718)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 492 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 113 Function: PKPRequest->getUserVar("remember") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DAORegistry::getDAO() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:32)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DAORegistry::getDAOs() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php:59)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php:30)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPApplication::getApplication() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php:63)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:118)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:261)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:44)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::getConn() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:50)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:232)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:216)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:70)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:75)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method ADOConnection::outp() should not be called statically (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-lib.inc.php:950)
(mysql): SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = 'diongouws' CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::logQuery() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:77)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:250)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getData() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/config/Config.inc.php:36)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/config/Config.inc.php:45)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:252)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:264)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:506)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:70)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:75)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method ADOConnection::outp() should not be called statically (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-lib.inc.php:950)
(mysql): SELECT * FROM user_settings WHERE user_id = '1' CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::logQuery() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:77)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:250)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:252)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php:264)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/user/PKPUserDAO.inc.php:141)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Validation::encryptCredentials() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:62)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:210)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method SessionManager::getManager() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:79)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php:105)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php At line: 219 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "session_regenerate_id(): Cannot regenerate session id - headers ...", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionMana...", 219, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php line 219 Function: session_regenerate_id() File: /var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php line 82 Function: SessionManager->regenerateSessionId() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 113 Function: Validation->login("diongouws", "Taramoon1", Null, False) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DAORegistry::getDAO() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/session/Session.inc.php:91)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DAORegistry::getDAOs() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php:59)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Registry::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php:30)
(mysql): SELECT * FROM users WHERE user_id = 1 CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::logQuery() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:77)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:506)
(mysql): SELECT * FROM user_settings WHERE user_id = '1' CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::logQuery() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:77)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/user/PKPUserDAO.inc.php:141)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::getCurrentDate() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:95)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:388)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:194)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Core::microtime() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:199)
(mysql): UPDATE users SET username = 'diongouws', password = '3659c8de1d4aead79e47274bbc78633d', salutation = NULL, first_name = 'diongouws', middle_name = NULL, initials = NULL, last_name = '', gender = NULL, affiliation = NULL, email = 'diongouws@yahoo.com', url = NULL, phone = NULL, fax = NULL, mailing_address = NULL, country = NULL, locales = '', date_last_email = null, date_validated = null, date_last_login = '2012-06-17 10:37:44', must_change_password = 0, disabled = 0, disabled_reason = NULL, auth_id = NULL, auth_str = NULL WHERE user_id = 1 CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method DBConnection::logQuery() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:201)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:121)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 492 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 121 Function: PKPRequest->getUserVar("source") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method Config::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:122)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::redirectUrl() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:124)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getProtocol() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:125)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:282)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 282 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 125 Function: PKPRequest->getProtocol() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getServerHost() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php:125)
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:265)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 265 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 125 Function: PKPRequest->getServerHost() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:66)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: USER NOTICE: Deprecated static function call In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 716 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(1024, "Deprecated static function call", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 716, Array(2)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 716 Function: trigger_error("Deprecated static function call") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 66 Function: PKPRequest->_checkThis() File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 127 Function: PKPRequest->redirectUrl("http://www.uvibusiness.net/research/conference/index.php?confere...", False) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method HookRegistry::call() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:68)
ocs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:295) In file: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 72 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (outp...", "/var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc...", 72, Array(1)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php line 72 Function: header("Refresh: 0; url=http://www.uvibusiness.net/research/conference/i...") File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/pages/login/PKPLoginHandler.inc.php line 127 Function: PKPRequest->redirectUrl("http://www.uvibusiness.net/research/conference/index.php?confere...", False) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: PKPLoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/research/conference/index.php line 65 Function: PKPApplication->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14 Apache Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.61-2~dotdeb.0
dionphp

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hi dionphp,

Have you tried any of the solutions described in the forums? If so, which ones?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby dionphp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 pm

I have come much further now. Gave up on OCS more luck with OJS.

I am having this same issue. When I enter login and password it returns to the same login page, no errors though. Even when I use password reset, I receive the password, I login, then am forced to change the password, then when I try to login with new password it simply returns to original entry screen.
I have changed the Session Check IP setting to off. Not sure what else to try.

Prior to having to try the password reset I was able to login as admin and configure but as with the other as soon as you logout after first login you don't get back again.
dionphp

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi dionphp,

Do you find any error messages in your server's error log? Are you using the APC opcode cache? If so, there is a buggy version that sometimes has this effect on OJS; see if you can disable it temporarily to check.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 am

Hi!

I am having a similar problem. In my OCS users can successfull login using the sidebar form while they try to login using the form in the login page OCS
redirect to empty login page.

I've tried in different browser and got the same result. Cookies are enabled and 'session_check_ip' is disabled.

We have Linux, PHP 5.2.17, mysql 5.1.54-rel12.6-log and OCS 2.3.5.

Regards,
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Renato,

Can you share a URL here for me to try?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher