OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Word Count not enforced when Editing Metadata

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Word Count not enforced when Editing Metadata

Postby agajania » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm

In my testing of OCS, I have found that an author can set an Abstract Word Count Limit when Editing a Track. When an author saves a submission, if the number of words in the abstract is calculated to be above the limit then an error message is displayed. The author should revise the abstract until the length is less than the Abstract Word Count Limit and then it can be saved.

I have also found that after a submission is saved, the author can revise the Abstract by clicking on the Edit Metadata link. However, the Abstract Word Count Limit is no longer enforced when using Edit Metadata. The Author can save an Abstract which is longer than the Abstract Word Count Limit.
agajania

Return to OCS Technical Support