OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS on Centos RH6

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS on Centos RH6

Postby JeanPaul » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 am

Gentlemen,

I use CentOS x64 RHEL6 Linux on a multiCPU server (i7) and when I try to install ojs (which we need urgently) it all looks good until I log in with the admin account and I get the duplicate session ID message:

DB Error: Duplicate entry 'u14gv86c1is418pcb4kjf9ed93' for key 'sessions_pkey'. This happened after CREATING the DB and entering as the admin account specified in the installer.

This is my system info. An answer would be appreciated in order to take the decision to use another package if there is no solution for my problem. I don't have time to debug 3rd party software, so be bold to me and just tell me to go to hell if nobody wants to help me out. Been on Internet for 25 years as a developer, and I wish I'd get the same support as I give to others in my experience fields since '92. This is your chance to shine.

# php -v
PHP 5.4.3 (cli) (built: May 9 2012 17:03:20)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

# mysql -V
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.20, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

If you need additional info, let me know. I did not install any patches (yet).

The ojs version is 2.3.7.

Thank you in advance. Please help me making the ojs functional or point me towards another ojs-like software.

Regards,

JP
JeanPaul

Re: OJS on Centos RH6

Postby JeanPaul » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 am

Hi,

I forgot to add:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
# uname -a
Linux knowdle.com 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 10:41:14 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Furthermore I checked the specifications (which I comply) and followed the installation procedure as described in the documentation.

Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

JP
JeanPaul

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 am

Hi JP,

Do you have session.auto_start enabled in your php.ini file? If so, try disabling it and restarting apache.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JeanPaul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 am

JasonNugent wrote:Hi JP,

Do you have session.auto_start enabled in your php.ini file? If so, try disabling it and restarting apache.

Regards,
Jason

Jason,

That did the trick. Thank you so much! However, now I have a new issue :(

When I try to logout is says:

Call to undefined function session_is_registered() in /home/......./httpdocs/lib/pkp/classes/session/Session.inc.php on line 64

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

JP
JeanPaul

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:47 am

Hi JP,

session_is_registered() is a standard PHP function provided by the session package with PHP versions less than 5.4. You're running 5.4, so you wouldn't have that. Can you try downgrading to 5.3?

See http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.se ... stered.php for details.

(this is obviously something that future versions of OJS would need to address)

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JeanPaul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Jason,

I cannot downgrade (without destroying a lot of other stuff).

Just got together with the team, CentOS gives too much issues with standard packages. Although I love RH and been using it since who knows when, I'm switching to a Ubuntu Server environment, because we simply do not have time to debug 3rd party stuff that works out of the box on any linux system, except CentOS (x64). I don't know what the CentOS team is up to, but the latest versions have been having terrible issues with upgrades and versions (PHP is a mess to name an example, having to use the remi repository to be up to date is simply for amateurs.) So after many, many years, they have lost me as a hard core user.

If I encounter any issue with the new attempt, I will let you know. You guys can close this thread. Do NOT use CentOS if you can avoid it. :(

Thank you so much for your support!

Regards,

JP
JeanPaul

Postby asmecher » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:42 am

Hi all,

I've uploaded a patch to that Bugzilla entry that should resolve the problem; if someone could test with PHP 5.4 and report back, I can see that it gets committed to the next release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby habibseifzadeh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:31 pm

I had the same problem with the OCS. The problem appeared not only in the logout process, but also in the other parts of the program such as creating a scheduled conference.
I solved the problem by modifying two lines of the ocs-path/lib/pkp/classes/session/Session.inc.php:
line 64: if (isset($_SESSION[$key])) {
and line 65: unset($_SESSION[$key]);

hope this can help...
Habib
habibseifzadeh

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Habib,

The bugzilla entry for this is http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7544.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support