OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewers cannot see their assigned reviews (SOLVED)!

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Reviewers cannot see their assigned reviews (SOLVED)!

Postby AlexandrosG » Thu May 24, 2012 1:11 am

Hi again!
I have just assigned a paper to a couple of reviewers but when i login as either of the reviewers i cannot see the assigned review (there is not any active submission)!
I checked the database table "review_assignments" and the assignment records are there.

What is happening? :?
Last edited by AlexandrosG on Fri May 25, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexandrosG

Re: Reviewers cannot see their assigned reviews!

Postby ramon » Thu May 24, 2012 6:17 am

Hello AlexandrosG,

Make sure that:
- The reviewers don't have multiple logins. You may have assigned the review to a person that has more than one active login)
- Make sure you sent the notification e-mail. OJS doesn't register the task to any role until you have "sent" the e-mail (note that you have the option to "not send" the e-mail, in which case the message won't be sent, but the task will be recorded).

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Re: Reviewers cannot see their assigned reviews!

Postby AlexandrosG » Fri May 25, 2012 12:57 am

Ok! I checked the OCS again before a while and the assignment....were right there!! :shock:
I don't know what happened so i think that maybe had to do with some loging in and out or some time-passing...!?!
Could it be?

Just for the record: I work with a testbed OCS installation so when i make a review request i usually choose "skip email" and then i manually select "WILL DO THE REVIEW" to confirm the assignment. I have tried it many times and always worked till now.
AlexandrosG

Return to OCS Technical Support