OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB Error on selecting Reviewer

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

DB Error on selecting Reviewer

Postby mendesrocha » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:23 am

Hello All!

I had a similar problem as the one related on topic - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3355

When I log as "Track Director" then I select a Submission in Review, and then I click on "Select a Reviewer".

When I try to search for reviewers using the "Reviewing interests" option the OCS returns me the following message:

Code: Select all
DB Error: Unknown column 'interests' in 'where clause'

I am using OCS 2.1.0.1 and MySQL 5.0.51

I turn the stack trace on, and I got the following message:

Stack Trace:
File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php line 659
Function: trackdirectorsubmissiondao->retrieverange(" SELECT DISTINCT u.*, a.review_id as review_id FROM users ...", Array(5), Object(dbresultrange))

File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/pages/trackDirector/SubmissionEditHandler.inc.php line 340
Function: trackdirectorsubmissiondao->getreviewersforpaper("1", 27, "2", "interests", "lazer", "contains", Object(dbresultrange))

File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/pages/trackDirector/TrackDirectorHandler.inc.php line 241
Function: submissionedithandler::selectreviewer(Array(1))

File: (unknown) line (unknown)
Function: directorhandler::selectreviewer(Array(1))

File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/index.php line 56
Function: call_user_func(Array(2), Array(1))

File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/index.php line 67
Function: handlerequest()
mendesrocha

Re: DB Error on selecting Reviewer

Postby mcrider » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi mendesrocha,

Are you sure you are using 2.1.0.1? There is a patch for this problem here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3579, but it should be resolved in the latest version. Try the patch out, and if it doesn't work let us know.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:39 am

Dear Matt,

Yes, our current version is 2.1.0.1, and it was installed on May 30th.

Anyway, I applied the patch and it corrected the problem.

Thank you a lot!
mendesrocha

Postby mendesrocha » Thu May 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello!

I have upgraded my OCS from 2.3.3.1 to 2.3.5 and a Conference Director just found this issue. When we click on the "select reviewer" link in a submission page OCS gets the following:

DB Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 20

Input Array does not match ?: SELECT DISTINCT u.user_id, u.last_name, ar.review_id, AVG(a.quality) AS average_quality, COUNT(ac.review_id) AS completed, COUNT(ai.review_id) AS incomplete, MAX(ac.date_notified) AS latest, AVG(ac.date_completed-ac.date_notified) AS average FROM users u LEFT JOIN review_assignments a ON (a.reviewer_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ac ON (ac.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ac.date_completed IS NOT NULL) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ai ON (ai.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ai.date_completed IS NULL) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ar ON (ar.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ar.cancelled = 0 AND ar.paper_id = 3956 AND ar.stage = 2) LEFT JOIN user_settings s ON (u.user_id = s.user_id AND s.setting_name = 21) LEFT JOIN roles r ON (r.user_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN papers p ON (a.paper_id = p.paper_id) WHERE u.user_id = r.user_id AND r.sched_conf_id = 256 AND r.role_id =
Input Array does not match ?: SELECT DISTINCT u.user_id, u.last_name, ar.review_id, AVG(a.quality) AS average_quality, COUNT(ac.review_id) AS completed, COUNT(ai.review_id) AS incomplete, MAX(ac.date_notified) AS latest, AVG(ac.date_completed-ac.date_notified) AS average FROM users u LEFT JOIN review_assignments a ON (a.reviewer_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ac ON (ac.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ac.date_completed IS NOT NULL) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ai ON (ai.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ai.date_completed IS NULL) LEFT JOIN review_assignments ar ON (ar.reviewer_id = u.user_id AND ar.cancelled = 0 AND ar.paper_id = 3956 AND ar.stage = 2) LEFT JOIN user_settings s ON (u.user_id = s.user_id AND s.setting_name = 21) LEFT JOIN roles r ON (r.user_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN papers p ON (a.paper_id = p.paper_id) WHERE u.user_id = r.user_id AND r.sched_conf_id = 256 AND r.role_id =

Stack Trace:

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php line 716
Function: DAO->retrieveRange("SELECT DISTINCT u.user_id, u.last_name, ar.review_id...", Array(4), Object(DBResultRange))

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/pages/trackDirector/SubmissionEditHandler.inc.php line 450
Function: TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO->getReviewersForPaper("21", 3956, "2", Null, Null, Null, Object(DBResultRange), "name", Null)

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177
Function: SubmissionEditHandler->selectReviewer(Array(1), Object(Request))

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130
Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170
Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))

File: /home/storage/4/c4/e6/cbce/public_html/congressos/index.php line 65
Function: PKPApplication->execute()

Thanks in advance for any help,
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi mendesrocha,

That sounds like an error in your TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php; were there any modifications made to your installation of OCS? Can you check whether that file differs from the version at https://github.com/pkp/ocs/blob/ocs-stable-2_3/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your response. Indeed there was ".rej" file for that file.

Then, I replaced it with the one from github and it is now working!

Thanks again!
mendesrocha

Return to OCS Technical Support