OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

end of the publication

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

end of the publication

Postby franciscogarrido » Mon May 14, 2012 11:52 am

someone able to complete a publication, I can not I stay in the production step and I can not move
franciscogarrido

Re: end of the publication

Postby JasonNugent » Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Francisco,

When you reach the final production step, the next part of the submission process is to publish the submission in the catalog, add publication formats, and upload proof files. You can publish in the catalog via the "Catalog Entry" link at the top of the page. Clicking that will open a window that contains all of your metadata, which you can review, and then a final checkbox at the bottom of the form. Checking that box and submitting the form will publish your monograph in the catalog. Once that is done, you can add publication formats for your book.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby franciscogarrido » Wed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

My problem is that after making all the steps you mention, seeing the publication in the catalog there is no download link or viewing the contents of the publication.
This can be done?

Thank you for your answer
regards

Francisco Garrido
franciscogarrido

Postby jmacgreg » Wed May 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Francisco,

Good question. A number of things must done to ensure that there is a downloadable file on the site:

-- Create a digital format (eg. ebook) under the Production workflow stage;

-- Upload files to the format's proof reading step in the Production workflow stage;

-- Audit and approve all proofs;

-- Ensure that the submission and the format type are both marked as available in the catalog;

-- You also need to make sure that you have a payment method selected under Management -> Distribution Process. (Either paypal or manual payment). Also, make sure that if you've uploaded proofs to publication formats, you edit the catalog entry and at the very least set a price for those formats. It's done at the top of the form for that particular format.

I will update the userguide with more information on this today or tomorrow. In the meantime, if you require any further clarification please let me know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby franciscogarrido » Thu May 17, 2012 6:08 am

Thanks for your reply James

After using OMP for a few days to born me a great question, OMP is a tool to sell books or sharing books for free in the same way as done OJS??

regards

Francisco Garrido
franciscogarrido

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi Francisco,

Just like OJS, you can use OMP to publish books for free (ie. Open Access) or charge a fee for access. More information is currently available here (and will be expanded upon in the near future). There is, however, a small bug in this system, which has been reported here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7467. It should be fixed shortly.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OMP Discussion