OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

model of the database

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

model of the database

Postby franciscogarrido » Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 am

available model of the database of this application?
franciscogarrido

Re: model of the database

Postby asmecher » Mon May 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Francisco,

Unfortunately we do not yet have documents describing the database model; however, it's generally close to the OJS database model, so you might try reading the database section o the OJS Technical Reference for an overall idea. If there is something specific that you're curious about, let me know and I can describe it here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby franciscogarrido » Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm

I am interested in migrating the data I have in the database to omp ojs, so I want to know the model of the database to see that share attributes to make a migration of information.
franciscogarrido

Postby asmecher » Mon May 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Francisco,

I've responded to your question about converting data in another thread. There are a lot of parallels between OJS and OMP, though -- roughly speaking, the articles and article_settings tables in OJS correspond to monographs and monograph_settings in OMP. Many tables are shared directly between the two applications (those described in lib/pkp/xml/schema) and won't need any conversions. The tables you'll need to convert are described in dbscripts/xml/omp_schema.xml (for OMP) and dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml (for OJS). If you have specific questions, let me know and perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to better document the XML files.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion