OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Help]PDF File not show in firefox

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[Help]PDF File not show in firefox

Postby yudaermawan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 am

Why PDF file not show in Firefox? But when I Use Chrome it show. .
where's the problem? please help
yudaermawan

Re: [Help]PDF File not show in firefox

Postby LisaP » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi yudaermawan,

What version of OJS are you using, and what version of the browser? If you can provide a link to the journal site, I can take a look.

-Lisa
LisaP

Postby yudaermawan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 am

i Use the latest version of OJS(2.3.7) and firefox 11(with the latest version plugin adobe reader)

i try to upload my journal site,this the link http://ejournal.undiksha.ac.id/

but still problem with permission,, ignored that problem, my main problem is PDF can't embed in ojs(for firefox only)

Im sure that's no problem with my adobe reader plugin,, anda my friend who maka a journal site have same problem too,,

Please Help lisa, im in stuck :( :( :(
Last edited by yudaermawan on Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yudaermawan

Postby kleanthes » Thu May 03, 2012 12:29 am

My journal also has a similar problem (http://www.biolinguistics.eu). Users report that they can't view/download PDF articles but are rather redirected to the journal's homepage. I use a Mac myself (Lion, 10.7.3) and don't experience problems with Safari 5.1.5 (although previous versions didn't work well). Specifically, users so far have reported problems with:

Mozilla Firefox under Windows 7 (64-bit Version)
Firefox 12
Explorer

If you could provide help, that would be great!

Thanks,
Kleanthes
kleanthes

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion