OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Papers - wrong character, No papers, degree in registrations

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Papers - wrong character, No papers, degree in registrations

Postby tomnejeschleba » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am

Hi,

first of all - sorry for my english (I'm from CZE) and now to my problem.
I have latest version of OCS (v2.3.5) and I want to export all papers from current conference. My problem is - when I go to Papers XML plugin and want to export papers, everything I see in "Select Paper section" is one check box with no information (Track, Title, Authors, Action). When I go to "Stats & Reports" there I can export papers in CSV file and when I open it Excel 2007, 90% of characters is wrong (f.e. @#$@#%%&*), but, unlike the Papers XML plugin, there I can see all papers.
Is there any problem with encoding characters? If it is, where can I select my location (czech republic)?

And the last problem (I know that there is some thread with it, but I'm not so good in changing HTML codes) - unlike the United States, in Czech republic we want to know what degrees are our authors and then we use whole name with degrees on conference labels (f.e. Ing. Petr Novak, CSc.). In OCS, there isnt any column to fill it and my question is - is there any patch or plugin which can add column that I want or predefined?

Thank you so much for answer

-tomnejeschleba
tomnejeschleba

Re: Papers - wrong character, No papers, degree in registrat

Postby tomnejeschleba » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:37 am

Nobody?

Please let me know at least one answer for my questions :)
tomnejeschleba

Re: Papers - wrong character, No papers, degree in registrat

Postby ramon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:07 am

Hello tomnejeschleba,

You must use the "import" data feature in Excel.
Then, you must choose the UTF-8 character set (near the end of the list).
Also choose the correct field separator.

If there are commas in content (profile, special needs fields) you may have to clean up the data in order to make use of it.
I've had to manually fix many records to this issue.
It's a problem with the spreadsheet applications (I tested in Excel and OpenOffice Spreadsheet - not the latest versions, though).
ramon

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion