OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to make your journal OpenAIRE compliant: online workshop

A discussion forum operated by the PKP European Network, SPARC Europe, and PKP.

Moderators: kstranac, iryna

Forum rules
Welcome to the PKP European Network forum for Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine.

This forum is intended as a community building tool to share ideas amongst PKP users in the region. Postings here might include suggestions for joint funding proposals, opportunities for collaborative software development, sharing experiences, etc.

If you are looking for technical support, please refer to the main PKP forums for each software application.

Postby iryna » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 am

Register for a free online workshop on Monday, 7 May 2012, 11:00 - 12:00 CET or Tuesday, 8 May 2012, 14:00 - 15:00 CET

Are you involved in a journal, which publishes EC funded research? Does your journal want to comply with the EC policies on Open Access?

May 2012 is the OpenAIRE Compliance Month for journals, in which we will give special attention to the steps required for journals to become compliant with the OpenAIRE infrastructure, and to support and facilitate compliance with the Open Access policies of the EC and the ERC.

OpenAIRE (Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe;http://www.openaire.eu) supports researchers within the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission to disseminate and provide the widest possible access to their research output. Open Access in FP7 is based on the self-archiving of peer-reviewed articles. In this context, a main strategy of OpenAIRE is to reach out to institutional and subject repositories asking authors "to deposit articles resulting from FP7 projects into an institutional or subject based repository" (Special Clause 39 of the model grant agreement).

In parallel, OpenAIRE acknowledges the importance of Open Access journals as being a road to fulfill the EC policies on Open Access. Therefore we encourage journals to become compliant with the OpenAIRE technical infrastructure, which enables OpenAIRE to harvest and present publications resulting from FP7 projects or European Research Council (ERC) grants. For journals using Open Journal Systems (OJS) a plugin has already been released: http://www.openaire.eu/en/support/toolkits/journals

The events organized in May 2012 include:

two online workshops on how to make journals OpenAIRE compliant, with OJS as example, on May 7 and May 8
individual consultation with the OpenAIRE team members for publishers (please contact us for more information)

Register for a free online workshop on Monday, 7 May 2012, 11:00 - 12:00 CET or Tuesday, 8 May 2012, 14:00 - 15:00 CET

To make sure the appropriate content of your journal can be included in the OpenAIRE information space, it has to be made OpenAIRE compliant. In two free online workshops experts from OpenAIRE will guide you through the process of making your journal OpenAIRE compliant. Journals using the Open Journal Systems (OJS) will serve as example.

In 2011 a plug-in to OJS was released, available at http://www.openaire.eu/en/support/toolkits/journals. The plug-in extends the article metadata and the OAI-PMH interface according to the OpenAIRE Guidelines. It allows authors and editors to add the mandatory project identification (on the basis of the Grant Agreement number) to the article metadata. Moreover, it enables harvesting of those records relevant to OpenAIRE (EU-funded research results).

Question which will be answered in the workshop include:

What does compliance with OpenAIRE means?
How do I make my journal compliant with OpenAIRE?
How do I test my journal's compliance with OpenAIRE?
How does the OpenAIRE plug-in in OJS work?
How do I install the OpenAIRE plugin in OJS?

How to register
To register (free of charge) your interest in attending the workshop, please register here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE5HTTlENE93TnlYRGcwRWl4TnVwc1E6MQ by Friday, May 4, stating your name, email address, job title, journal name and URL, and country. Please indicate which date you will be attending.

How to participate
Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a URL and password for the session. All you will need is an internet-connected computer with sound (and maybe headphones if you are in a busy room).

To check if your computer will be able to access the session successfully, please go to http://www.instantpresenter.com/systemtest.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

We kindly invite you to join these events in the OpenAIRE Compliance month for journals in May 2012!

On behalf of the OpenAIRE team

Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme Manager - iryna.kuchma[@]eifl.net

Pedro Príncipe, Open Access Projects, University of Minho - pedroprincipe[@]sdum.uminho.pt

Marnix van Berchum, Project Coordinator, SURF - vanberchum[@]surf.nl

Birgit Schmidt, Goettingen State and University Library, - bschmidt[@]sub.uni-goettingen.de
iryna

Re: How to make your journal OpenAIRE compliant: online work

Postby smileystar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi,
I came across this site just recently, unfortunately I was late for this free training. My question is there anyway I can access reports or PDF files of the training to be updated on this EU OpenAIRE compliant guidelines.
smileystar

Re: How to make your journal OpenAIRE compliant: online work

Postby iryna » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 am

iryna

Return to Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine