OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

automatable login possible?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

automatable login possible?

Postby tom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 am

Hello,

we're considering using OCS in an existing environment. Part of that environment is a user login.
My question is if it is possible to use the existing login procedure an force OCS to an automatic login? How complex would you estimate the necessary changes?

Thanks,
Tom
tom

Re: automatable login possible?

Postby JasonNugent » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:06 am

Hi Tom,

With the existing architecture, it would be difficult to do this in the core of OCS. There does already exist a plugin type of 'auth' for authenticating against an external data source, but it still requires a) a real login, and b) a user with that login username in the OCS database. The user credentials are passed around based on a session that's stored in the OCS database in the 'sessions' table. It might be possible to do this in a generic plugin type where accesses to pages looked at different sources of data, maybe through Shibboleth or an OAuth2 approach. Can I ask what your credential source would be?

Cheers,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby tom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 am

Hi Jason,

thanks for your useful answer.

Because I'm currently not 100% sure about our current login approach I want to leave this open until we made the final decision if we'd like to use OCS or not.

Thank you,
Tom
tom

Postby krishnasharma » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Someone mentioned "Green Open Access" papers as a means to get the human-written chemical operations.
Basically I see this as a HUGE disservice that we've got software which ALREADY can bridge the gap between human writing and automation ( HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! ) but we can't put it to good use.
So does anyone know about these papers or happen to have suggestions as how I might begin extracting huge amounts of chemical reactions from research papers?
krishnasharma

Return to OCS Technical Support