OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with 'Copyediting'

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems with 'Copyediting'

Postby danscott » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 am

Hi. I am instructing myself on the OJS software, and have hit the following problems when I get to Copyediting:
1. The link from the email informing the Author to do a copyedit goes to the Summary page, with no indication to go to the Editing page. I think this will be confusing for Authors that only use the process occasionally
2. The Acknowledge email icon from '2. Author Copyedit' appears to be from the Editor to the Author with thanks for the update, but I didn't get an email to the Editor saying that it was complete (this is obviously me acting as both Author and Editor, for test purposes)
3. I can't get to Step '3. Final Copyedit' - even if I save the Author's changes and upload the amended file, the button doesn't highlight for me to click on it

Any help gratefully received
danscott

Re: Problems with 'Copyediting'

Postby LisaP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am

Hi danscott,

1: This appears to be a bug, and I've submitted a bug report (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7232) to ask that the url in the prepared email directs the author to the Editing page rather than the Summary page. You can add yourself to the cc list to get updates on this bug.

2&3: Make sure that you have the prepared email enabled for COPYEDIT_AUTHOR_COMPLETE. When the author finishes her/his copyedit, s/he has to indicate it’s completed by clicking on the envelope icon under Complete, which generates an email to the editor. Once the author has done that, Step 3: Final Copyedit step will be highlighted.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
LisaP

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion