OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reset password

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reset password

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 pm

HI,

I just posted this on the general discussion board but realise it should probably be placed here.
We seem to be having problems with our password rest. Several people have been registed by the journal manager, with their user name and password sent to them and who then find they can't log in. The password reset function is utilised but again, it doesn't work. In both cases the Invalid password or username message is received. This situation applies when the person tries, it, I try and someone from our IT dept tries it.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Sally
Sally

Re: Reset password

Postby jcb » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 pm

I had a problem with auto-assigned passwords and reset passwords not working. My solution was to edit the user's profile and manually set a password.

I realize this doesn't help resolve the underlying problem, but it does enable users to log in :)
jcb

Postby Sally » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 pm

HI jcb,

Tried but got nowhere as system doesn't recognise even its own generated passworde. I need a password to manually reset password. Catch 22+++
Any other ideas?

Sally
Sally

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

Hi Sally,

Which version of OJS are you using? IIRC I don't think we've had any reports of the password function not working, but if you could let me know your OJS version I can double-check. An additional link to your OJS instance would also help us troubleshoot.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi James,

We use the 2.2.2.0 version. Apols for late reply-we have been conferencing and stuff around that!

Thanks,

Sally
Sally

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi Sally,

No worries, and apologies in turn for the late reply myself! I don't know of any password problems with OJS 2.2.2.0, but that is a very old version, and I would suggest you upgrade regardless. At the same time, if you could provide me with a link to your journal, I can try testing myself.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Sally » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm

HI James,

Thanks for the advice. I'll get onto upgrading the system asap.

LINK IS: http://www.asianbioethicsreview.com or do you need more detailed access?

Sally
Sally

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi Sally,

Strange -- I tried registering, but no matter what I put in for a username it said that that username was already in use in the system -- and I tried putting in some pretty far-out words for usernames! It does look like you've made some customizations to the system (which look really good, btw) -- is there any chance your customizations may have broken the registration option, or even possibly the password reset option? You may want to review all changes you've made to the system by generating a diff against a stock version of OJS. If you need a hand doing this, let me know and I can describe the process.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion