OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

reviewer form contents in report?

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

reviewer form contents in report?

Postby wbt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Hello,

I like the report plugin very much since it enables me to get an overview of all the review recommendations. However, the data entered in the custom review forms is not included, which is a real shame. Is anyone working on this? I think this would be a really nice feature. Would it be hard to implement? I guess the code could be borrowed from the "Import reviewer reports" module.

Bye,

Wouter
wbt

Re: reviewer form contents in report?

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Wouter,

I agree that custom reviews would be useful to include in the Reviews report, and have filed a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4905. Again, this won't make it into 2.3, but we may be able to get it into 2.3.1. However, if you'd like it faster and are willing to give it a crack, please do so, and let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby btcharpied » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi James & Crew,

Has there been any progress on this front for a custom review report for OCS? I see mentions of it when searched, but no final product in the Plugin Gallery (at least none that I've found). It would be tremendous to be able to pull a report from the Likert scale that was put in place rather than doing so manually or diving into the database, exporting and matching numbers and lines.

Best,

-Brandon
btcharpied

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Brandon,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that bug has made much progress. While the custom reviews can be imported into the Editor/Director Decision emails sent to the authors, they aren't currently added to the Reviews Report. I would suggest CCing yourself to that bug report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby btcharpied » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi James,

No worries. That might be something we hire you for next year to customize, if that is doable. All in all our program has been wonderful this year, so thank you! I did get through this issue with a bit of manual work (pulling SQL entries, manually inputting them into the review report).

I'm not an SQL guy by any means, but I would imagine there is some way to take that default report and to tell it to pull additional entries from the review table of the SQL database, right? It's just a matter of going in and customizing it by hand rather than a mass OCS addition?
btcharpied

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:48 am

Hi Brandon,

I'm not a huge SQL myself, but I think it's a little more difficult than that -- the custom review form information is actually split amongst a number of tables in the database, and it's a matter of matching which response goes with which question goes with which form goes with which submission goes with which reviewer -- so unfortunately more difficult than a quick query to see the contents of a particular table cell. Definitely keep an eye on that bug report though, and let us know if you are interested in a quote for a custom development.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Development