OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

My sincere thanks to the OJS team

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

My sincere thanks to the OJS team

Postby solty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:36 am

Dear OJS Team,
In 2007, we came across the freely-distributed journal publication system Open Journal Systems (OJS). This proved a godsend to us. We have to thank the people who developed this system for their contribution to the spread of human knowledge. In 2007, we transferred all our old issues to OJS, and continued our publications using this system. From the beginning until now, we have not missed or been late in the publication of an issue. In fact we have often been ready for publication early, but we have waited for the proper time.

OJS has given us many advantages. We have formed many subheadings and sections and have been able to assign editors to each one. We have been able to create new issues of the journal more easily and in a faster and more practical way. Instead of always writing the same emails, the system now responds automatically as soon as an article is submitted. The system has allowed us to automatically rank and carry out searches on the writers of published articles. We have formed a reviewers’ database so that we can easily choose reviewers by the use of keywords. We have created a uniform evaluation scale and at the same time cut down on reviewing time by directing reviewer evaluations with automatic scales. It has become easier to communicate reviewers’ evaluations to the authors of articles by means of the system. In addition, it has become possible for contributors to follow the progress of their articles instantly. For readers, email notification systems have been provided. My sincere thanks are due to the OJS team for these and many other features of the journal publication system.

Sultan Tarlacı, MD,
Editor-In-Chief, NeuroQuantology
For full history: Ten Years of NeuroQuantology: A Long and Narrow Road
http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.ph ... nt/view/28
solty

Re: My sincere thanks to the OJS team

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:15 am

Hi solty,

Congratulations on an enviable track record (for which software alone can't claim responsibility). I truly appreciate the kind words and will pass them around the team. You may have seen some recent articles in the mainstream media on Open Access (e.g. http://www.economist.com/node/21545974) -- this community is instrumental in taking the Open Access philosophy and making it real. Thank you for your continued work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: My sincere thanks to the OJS team

Postby solty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks Alec, I was read today...
Scientific publishing: The price of information
Academics are starting to boycott a big publisher of journals

http://www.economist.com/node/21545974

Excellent criticism and rightful evaluation about big monopolist publisher.
Thanks again to the OJS team for free and open publishing medium.

Sultan
solty

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion