OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Publicly Available Registration Options and Types

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Publicly Available Registration Options and Types

Postby BVBAccelerate » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 am

Hello,

To start, I'm using OCS 2.3.3. I've been looking into helping a client of ours with an issue they're having, and I was wondering what the checkbox for 'Do not make this registration XXX publicly available' are for on registration types and options. If you do not make them publicly available, what are they for and when do they appear?

The reason is some handicapped people will need an assistant to bring them to the conference. They don't want the assistant to have to pay to accompany them, but they do want them to pay to attend one of the extra events. They do not want these assistants to have the other registration options available to them, but every registration option appears on every registration type. Is there any way to hide registration options for certain registration types?

I do see the 'Code' field on registration options but I have not been able to figure out how it works. I've never seen a input field anywhere for a registration option when I fill out a code and I've been able to advance without having to fill one in. How does this work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help answer all my questions above!
BVBAccelerate

Re: Publicly Available Registration Options and Types

Postby michael » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi BVBAccelerate,

BVBAccelerate wrote: To start, I'm using OCS 2.3.3. I've been looking into helping a client of ours with an issue they're having, and I was wondering what the checkbox for 'Do not make this registration XXX publicly available' are for on registration types and options. If you do not make them publicly available, what are they for and when do they appear?

These would allow you to use "internal" types of registration. For example, a free registration type that you'd want to assign to manually created registrations for conference organizers. It's not publicly available for people to register against and it's not listed on the About pages.

BVBAccelerate wrote:I do see the 'Code' field on registration options but I have not been able to figure out how it works. I've never seen a input field anywhere for a registration option when I fill out a code and I've been able to advance without having to fill one in. How does this work?

The code is a means to limit who can register for a particular, publicly listed registration type. Only people whom you have given the code will be able to register using the registration type. For example, if you had a publicly listed, free registration type for all keynote speakers, you could provide them with the code and they would be able to register themselves at no cost. Everyone else would need to use the other registration types.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby BVBAccelerate » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks for the quick response Michael.

I will let our client know they they have the chance to use a not publicly available registration type on their own to manually register these people so that they are still in the system for reports.

As for the second part, I am talking about the 'Code' field on registration options, not registration types. I have found this field available on both registration types and options, but I haven't been able to figure out how it works on options since I have been able to register without having to enter the code I specified for the option. Perhaps if there is a registration code required for a certain registration type then it overrides any necessity for a code on a certain option? If you have any further information for me on this it could save us a lot of time. Thanks!
BVBAccelerate

Postby michael » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi BVBAccelerate,

Yes, this looks to be a bug which I've filed here.

Please feel free to CC yourself on the bug report to add any additional details or to receive future updates on this.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion