OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Admin Pages missing - wrong permissions?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Admin Pages missing - wrong permissions?

Postby chrism » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Hello, I have installed yesterday's git checkout of OCS and pkp-lib. (v2.3.4 did not work on my php 5.3.8 server setup)

I have followed the README's installation procedure but things are not working very well.

First I had a lot of problems with stupid redirections (e.g. ...index.php/index/index/index.php) so I enabled this option in config.inc.php:
disable_path_info = On

Now:
1. I'm missing "Site Administrator". When I click on the corresponding link in my user's view, I get redirected to
...index.php?conference=index&schedConf=user
I verified that the link points to
...index.php?conference=index&schedConf=index&page=admin
but somehow it redirects me.

2. When I'm in "Conference Site Management" and I click on Setup under a conference name, I should be sent to
...index.php?conference=sfhmmy3&schedConf=test&page=manager&op=schedConfSetup
but instead I end up in
...index.php?conference=sfhmmy3&schedConf=user

I am the admin user (named somehow else, but it's the main user) and I have tried setting the system up numerous times. Do you have any suggestions?

I think it may be a file permissions problem. What are the correct permissions for all files/directories inside ocs directory? 755 for directories and 644 for files? owned by my php user?

Thanks
chrism

Re: Admin Pages missing - wrong permissions?

Postby asmecher » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am

Hi chrism,

It doesn't sound like a file permission problem to me. I'd strongly suggest trying if possible to work with the last release of OCS rather than the git master branch -- it's currently not particularly reliable and you'll probably waste quite a bit of time on numerous small bugs. It's received a lot of back-porting of fixes and very little testing to go along with those back-ports. This will of course firm up closer to the next major release (which will be 2.4), but that's still a ways off.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby chrism » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks for replying...
I finally abandoned setting up OCS on my server (which has PHP 5.3+, so OCS doesn't work) and moved it to a server with 5.2.
Seems to work ok.

What a pity that OCS does only work with an unsupported PHP version...

Thanks for helping anyway!
chrism

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 am

Hi chrism,

It may well be that you were encountering http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5240; if so, you can either disable the intl extension in your php5.3 install, or you can follow the directions there to rename the Locale class in OCS to something else. You might also try using the ocs-stable-2_3 branch from git (for both the ocs and lib-pkp repos); it's much more stable than the master branch and has the Locale class renamed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby marcob » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm

The page about the bug (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5240) says that this has been fixed in OJS, but it does not say anything about which version of OCS will have this bug fixed. I'm told that intl.so becomes default in the next version of php so I need to make sure the latest version of OCS has the namespace clash fixed. I'm on 2.3.3.1 at the moment.
Thanks,

Marco
marcob

Postby asmecher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Marco,

This change hasn't been released in a packaged version of OCS yet. However, the ocs-stable-2_3 branch in github has the class renamed. I'd suggest either installing it from there or applying the patches listed on the bug entry against the ocs-stable-2_3 branch, both for the ocs and pkp-lib repositories.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby marcob » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks Alec for the very prompt reply. I'm afraid using github is beyond my technical skill. For now my system works fine so what if I just wait, how long will it be before the OCS update will include this bug fix? I think this issue may affect many people around the world.
Thanks,

Marco
marcob

Postby asmecher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi Marco,

For now disabling intl is an acceptable work-around; if a new PHP is released that has intl integrated, then we'll release a new stable version with that fix in.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support