OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS and Amazon S3

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS and Amazon S3

Postby mickwillis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 am

I was looking at changing our version of OJS to use Amazon S3 for storage and retrieve all article content rather than on the local or networked file system. As the documents are held as at Equinox Publishing now over 30 Gb and rising - the advantages for us is that is makes the application easier to scale (with multiple servers pointing to the same article content) and also reduces the need to keep increasing the size of the disk partition (and S3 storage is cheaper too). S3 has a PHP Api for storage and retrieval and therefore it certainly seems feasible to implement.

Before I invest any further time, has anyone else looked at this and/or discovered any problems?

Thanks
mickwillis

Re: OJS and Amazon S3

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi mickwillis,

I haven't heard of anyone using OJS on Amazon S3, but we'd definitely be interested in hearing how it goes. Always happy to provide help if you run into issues as well.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development