OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Publication fees

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Publication fees

Postby piotreba » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 am

Hello

Our journal charges several publication fees depending on the publication type. I am able to provide only one sum in the publication fee input. Of course then I explain in the text area below that there are few publication fees. Is it really a need to validate the input text as a number? Why not to use string there, I would be able to write something like 600/400/300.

Regards,
Peter
piotreba

Re: Publication fees

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi Peter,

The fee you set is used by the payment method plugin you configure -- so it needs to be an integer. A better solution than allowing different inputs into that one field would be to allow multiple fields (ie. publication fees) to be configured. If this is something you think you might be able to develop yourself, let us know if you need any pointers. If there's community interest in this as a feature request, of course, we are happy to submit it as a feature request for the future.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Publication fees

Postby achubaty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:43 pm

This is definitely a feature I am interested in for our journal, so if anyone has developed this, please let me know.

EDIT: See related post here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5867

Feature request was made (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5209)

Potential workaround suggested is:
A possible workaround may be to enable both the flat-rate publication fee as well as donations under Payments and then ask authors to complete both the flat-rate payment as well as a (variable) donation payment that will be specific to their publication -- although I realize this may be cumbersome and less than ideal.
achubaty

Return to OJS Development