OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review form

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Review form

Postby davidp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am

Hello,

I'm using version 2.2., and I have set up a review form, into which a reviewer has entered comments. I can view the beginning of the comments but cannot scroll in any of the comment panes, so can only see the first few lines of the comment under each criterion. Also I when I click "import peer reviews" on an email to the author, the comments from the form are not imported. I can't even copy and paste what I can see of the comments, so I am effectively unable to use the review. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
David
davidp

Re: Review form

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi David,

I believe the custom review form functionality has received a lot of attention since OJS 2.2.x has been released. Is there any way you can upgrade to the most recent stable version (OJS 2.3.4)?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby csimser » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 am

We are on OJS version 2.3.3.2.

On our test journal and one active journal, the editor clicks the "import peer reviews" to notify the author of a decision, but the custom form reviews are not importing as part of the email. Did we lose a patch when we upgraded? As far as I know, this functionality worked before we upgraded in March.

Thanks from a newbie!

==========
Char Simser
Coordinator, New Prairie Press
Kansas State University
csimser

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Char,

This should be working just fine in OJS 2.3+. How did you upgrade your test system? Any chance that you may have forgotten to check the checkbox for review form items that has them be imported into review? Any information about your upgrade process would be helpful.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby csimser » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 am

jmacgreg wrote:Hi Char,

This should be working just fine in OJS 2.3+. How did you upgrade your test system? Any chance that you may have forgotten to check the checkbox for review form items that has them be imported into review? Any information about your upgrade process would be helpful.

Cheers,
James

James - I've looked over Journal Manager - Review Forms and Set up - and don't see any 'checkbox'. In Set up/Journal Policies/Review Process , we have clicked the Standard Review Process. Is there somewhere else the checkbox is located?
csimser

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Char,

The checkbox is for each item in a custom review form -- you will see it when you add an item to a custom review form from Journal Management -> Review Forms -> Edit (for the review form in question) -> Form Items. Note that you will only see the Edit link option if the review form hasn't already been put to use. If you've already activated and used the custom review form, but forgot to check off the box in question, you'll have to copy the form, reconfigure the copy, and deactivate the original.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby hokka » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:57 am

I want to use current created review form but it doesn't view on the reviewer evaluation process.

How can I do it?

Best regards.
Attachments
review.jpg
review.jpg (41.71 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
hokka

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi hokka,

It looks like that review has already been completed -- you will have to start a new review round in order so that you can use another custom review form. If I have not answered your question, please let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby hokka » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 am

Hi James
I established a new journal and created a review form. But how does it view in reviewer screen? Now, we can see a comment icon, however, we want to see a text icon in the review screen like that.

I'm waiting your respond as soon as possible.

Best regards.
Alpay.
Attachments
review_form.JPG
review_form.JPG (53.52 KiB) Viewed 964 times
hokka

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Alpay,

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem, but if you assign that custom review form to the review (as it looks like you have: I see "EJPCE_REVIEW FORM" associated with that reviewer), then the reviewer should see the custom form exactly as you created it. If you have any doubts about this, you can "Log in as" that reviewer by logging in as a Journal Manager; going to Journal Management -> Reviewers; and clicking the "Log in as" next to the reviewer's name. You can then go to that reviewer's Active review queue, and look at the review in question.

More information can be found here, here and here.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion