You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS Housecleaning

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

OCS Housecleaning

Postby RickMath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:20 pm

I have two past conferences and one current one on my server. I would like to keep the final paper pdfs and remove all the submissions and reviews from the past conferences. If I use the files feature to remove the old files will that effect the pdf versions available for readers? I also have direct access to the server through cpanel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Re: OCS Housecleaning

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi Rick,

That won't affect the publicly-available final PDFs, but it will affect what your authors/directors/reviewers/etc. will be able to access if they log in to the system again and attempt to view eg. a submission's review page. If this isn't a concern, you should be safe removing those files -- keeping in mind to make a backup, of course!

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion