OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error while creating a new journal

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Error while creating a new journal

Postby tello » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:37 am

Hi everbody;

When I try to create a new journal on my server, It gives an error which is like below;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 588 bytes) in /classes/xml/XMLNode.inc.php on line 43

But when I turn to my system I see that it creates my journal and I can use it.Why this happen or do I make something wrong?

Could you help me about this issue? Thanks in advance.
tello

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:36 am

Hi tello,

Please see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=940.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby tello » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:51 am

asmecher wrote:Hi tello,

Please see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=940.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much adding the code solved my problem.

But I have another question:

In my journal I am using 2 languages and I want to show my users for example the about part in 2 languages.Is there a chance for this. When the user clicks the Espanol (Espana) in the language combobox, I want to change the content and show (forexample; focus part) it also in other language. I tried to do but all time it shows only in one language. Isn't there a property for this thing or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,tello.
tello

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Hi Tello,

Currently, the language selection changes only certain parts of the system, such as the user interface, article titles and abstracts (if available), and journal title and header info. We expect to be expanding these capabilities in a future release; in the meantime, you'll have to have most of the informaiton in Journal Setup entered in both languages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support