OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Publishing abstracts on the web ????

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Publishing abstracts on the web ????

Postby balkan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:26 am

We are running a conference with 750 accepted abstracts followed by Full papers. At this moment all the reviewers finished with review of the abstract and the authors are informed of acceptance (or decline).

The Coordinator and Scientific Committee of the Conference want to publish these abstract on the web. I did not find solution how to do it.

Is it possible to published accepted abstract before having Full Papers ???? We are using OCS 2.3.3.1 .

If somebody have an idea please let me know.

Olivija
balkan

Re: Publishing abstracts on the web ????

Postby ramon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello Olivija,

Check your Conference Schedule settings.
There you will have a list of items to be published on the website.
If you approve the abstracts, they will be automatically be available in the conference menu options.
ramon

Postby balkan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Ramon,

In the Conference Management, Conference Timeline and Information, I have selected all the boxes in WEBSITE POSTING, and for the also the box for Accepted abstracts is selected with the date 1 December 2011.

With all this again I do not have accepted abstract on the web site.
But when I upload one full paper and I made review and I accepted it by clicking on button Complete, in this case thr abstract together with full paper is published on the web.

I do not know did I set up something wrong, or it is not possible to have only the abstracts before having Full papers ??????

Thanks,

Olivija
balkan

Postby balkan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

It is Ok, I found it, I did not choose "Post abstracts once the abstract review has been completed" in the SETUP of the conference.
Thanks a lot, after your suggestion I paid more attention of the SETUP itself.
Regards,
Olivija
balkan

Postby ramon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 am

Hello Olivija,

Glad to hear you're getting the grip on OCS.
It is not as "user friendly" as OJS in some aspects, as it has a lot more controls and options, due to the much more complex nature of a Conference.

I had the same issues when working on a conference here and it is very important to pay close attention and do full tests of OCS's features before actually going live. Changing configurations on-the-fly may cause submissions to "disappear" or publish what you don't wish.

Also, I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet (memory is leaking), but you may want to check and test the registration process.
The registration closed on the day it was defined as the last day, instead of including that day. I had over 10 registration options and changing every single one of them to add one more day was a "really boring" task. The date displayed was confusing, as we had to add the real date to the description, while OCS displayed the "final" (+1day) date.

Other things you may need is to generate registration reports, attendance lists, participants lists for identification tags and certificate production and mailing.
I created a test plugin that's not even an official/alpha release, but it seems to get the job done, at least exporting part of the necessary data for those external documents.
ramon

Postby balkan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 am

Hi Ramon,

Thanks a lot, yes it is not good to use one system without knowing well how it is working, in general it is working well, even more "very good".

Thanks a lot for your instruction, I am going to install this plugin , we also need registration reports with different parameters.
If I have some problem I will contact you,

Olivija
balkan

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion